Slightly sweet and a little savory, this creamy spread on crispy Cranberry Walnut toast points tastes like the holidays in a bite! It’s a quick and easy brunch addition as well as a simply elegant appetizer for a small gathering or afternoon tea. This recipe makes about 2 cups of spread.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 8 oz Crushed Pineapple, drained and patted dry
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Monkfruit (low glycemic) Sweetener, or regular granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Pinch Sea Salt
- ¼ cup Walnut pieces, crushed and lightly toasted
- 6 slices Éban’s Cranberry Walnut Bread, toasted
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all ingredients except the toast points and stir vigorously with a fork or electric mixer until well blended.
- Place the spread in a small bowl and serve alongside Cranberry Walnut toast points.
- This spread is not overly sweet. If you like it sweeter, you can omit the mayonnaise and black pepper, and add more sugar to your taste.
- There will be plenty of spread left that would be excellent used as a filling in stuffed French Toast too.