These bite-sized morsels are so tender and flavorful right out of the oven, but the Cranberry Chipotle Ketchup takes them to another level! Sweet, tart, smokey and sublimely spicy- munching these meatballs may become a new family tradition! The meatballs can be frozen at least 3 weeks beforehand. Just form them into balls on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze until set, then transfer them to a sealable freezer bag and keep frozen until ready to bake. If baking from frozen add 15 minutes to the baking time.
Cranberry Chipotle Ketchup makes about a cup
- 1 cup prepared Cranberry Sauce
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce, finely chopped (about 2-3 Tbsp depending on your heat tolerance)
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Stir all ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium heat until heated through.
- Puree ketchup in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl and keep warm until meatballs are ready.
- The ketchup can be made ahead of time-it will keep for several weeks stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Meatballs makes about 55 cocktail sized (1 ½ oz) meatballs
- 1 lb Ground Bison
- 1 lb Ground Pork Sausage
- 2 ½ cups Éban’s Oat Bread fresh bread crumbs (about 6-7 slices)
- ½ cup fresh chopped Parsley
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 ½ tsp Black Pepper (or more to your taste)
- 1 ½ tsp Sea Salt (or more to your taste)
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 small Onion, minced (about ½ cup)
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ⅛ tsp Fennel Seeds, crushed
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until well blended
- Scoop meatball mixture into small 1 ½ oz balls onto a greased baking sheet
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes until cooked through
- Serve warm, drizzled with Cranberry Chipotle Ketchup