I have been using this buttermilk pancake recipe as long as I've been cooking. I don’t know who or where I got it from, but it is the best buttermilk pancake I've had. Smear them with butter and a drizzle of pure cane syrup and I'm in heaven!
Makes 4 servings (12 pancakes)
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- In a medium mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the buttermilk and melted butter.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and with a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula, mix thoroughly into a lumpy batter, being careful not to over mix.
- Heat a couple of teaspoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Spoon 1/3 cup of batter at a time into the skillet. Don't overcrowd the pan with pancakes. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side. When bubbles start to rise to the surface of the pancake and the bottom edges are lightly golden, give it a flip. Repeat this process for the next batch of pancakes, adding more butter to the pan to prevent sticking, until all the batter is gone. Keep the pancakes warm on an oven-proof dish in the oven set on warm until ready to serve. Note: When you see the bubbles and are ready to flip the pancake, it is time to drop in your favorite berries. Once you have added the berries, flip the pancake. Be sure to use fresh or thawed berries. Frozen berries will cause your pancakes to take longer to cook and sometimes be a bit raw inside.
Serving Size: 3 (128g) Servings Per Recipe: 4
Calories: 460 Calories from Fat: 180
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 63g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Contains: Milk, Egg