This classic dessert is a favorite in the fall, served up warm in a shallow
bowl with ice cream and caramel sauce. It will satisfy a hungry crowd for a
Sunday brunch side dish as well!
Makes 12 servings
- 1 loaf of Cinnamon Raisin bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 eggs beaten
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 cup golden raisins (optional if you use our Oat bread)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In large mixing bowl, cut Cinnamon Raisin bread into small cubes.
- In separate bowl, add vanilla, sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, beaten eggs, crushed pineapple, golden raisins (if using), salt, and cinnamon. Whisk custard mixture until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add cubed bread to custard mixture and toss to coat. Let bread pudding mixture set in bowl, tossing occasionally until all custard is absorbed.
- Butter 9x13 pan and pour bread pudding mixture into pan, spreading evenly.
- Place pan of bread pudding into 4-inch deep roasting pan. Pour enough water into roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the bread pudding pan.
- Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven until set, or about 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake the pudding another 10 minutes until slightly browned.
- Carefully lift the bread pudding pan out of the roasting pan of hot water and cool on a rack. Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream and some Fran's organic caramel sauce. You can pick up the sauce at Whole Foods Market.
Serving Size: 1 Piece (165g) Servings Per Recipe: 12
Calories: 330 Calories from Fat: 110
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 47g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Contains: Milk, Egg