I crave this sandwich, especially in the summer when tomatoes, cucumbers and everything grown in the dirt is at its peak in the garden or at my local farmers’ market. Let your imagination go wild with additions or substitutions. See the Notes below!
Makes 1 sandwich
- 2 slices of Seeded bread, toasted or not
- 2 tablespoons Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Gournay Cheese
- 1 piece crisp green leaf lettuce
- 1-2 slices tomato, thinly sliced
- 9-12 slices cucumber, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1-2 slices red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) roasted red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) sprouts (alfalfa, sunflower, broccoli, mung bean, etc)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lay your bread onto a food-safe surface and spread each piece with a tablespoon of the Boursin cheese.
- Gently layer each ingredient, one on top of the next, on one piece of the bread to build the sandwich. Don’t forget to season each vegetable with a little salt and pepper as you go.
- Carefully place the other piece of bread on top of the tower of veggies, cheese side down (of course), and press firmly but gently to complete the sandwich. A toothpick on each side of the bread will help keep the sandwich together if you want to cut this amazing vegetable beast in half for easier eating.
- Try our Southern Pimiento Cheese Dip as a spread instead of Boursin for a creamy, cheddary bite.
- Spreadable cream cheese with fresh herbs can be substituted for the Boursin as well (we like finely chopped chives, tarragon, parsley, basil and dill—especially dill!)
- Half of an avocado, smashed or sliced, can replace the cheese if you avoid dairy (remember to salt it or add a squeeze of fresh lime juice). Spice it up with sliced jalapeños or dried chile flakes.
- Add pickled, sautéed, or roasted sliced mushrooms and/or onions, cooled to room temperature.
Serving Size: 1 sandwich (312g) Servings Per Recipe: 1
Calories: 430 Calories from Fat: 250
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 28g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||80%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Contains: Milk, Egg