Fresh strawberries are a sweet invitation to summer and this delightful dessert showcases them two ways- incorporated into cool, refreshing ice cream, then sliced and tossed with a touch of sugar to create a natural, syrupy sauce. Strawberries pair together with chocolate like they were made for each other, so naturally, an ice cream cookie sundae seems an appropriately sweet way to welcome spring and all the fun in store for summer! Make someone feel extra special by serving up our Chocolate Chip Cookie Strawberry Ice Cream Sundae- it's the berries! ~Adrienne
Chocolate Chip Cookie & Strawberry Ice Cream Sundae
makes one sundae
- 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries, sliced or diced
- 1 T Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 lg scoop Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 Éban’s Bakehouse GF Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Whipped Cream, optional
- Toasted chopped Pecans, optional
- Chocolate Sprinkles, optional
- Chocolate Sauce, optional
- Mix together the sliced strawberries and sugar, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Let stand for at least 15 minutes to develop flavor and juice as the berries macerate.
- Meanwhile, crumble one of the cookies into a small bowl. On a serving plate or shallow ice cream dish, set the other cookie on the plate, whole, as a base for the ice cream.
- Place a generous scoop of strawberry ice cream onto the cookie.
- Spoon the strawberries and their syrup over the ice cream.
- Top the berries with the cookie crumbles and finish with copious amounts of whipped cream, chopped pecans, chocolate sprinkles and chocolate sauce, if you are so inclined!
- Enjoy promptly with a spoon and a smile.