You can't actually catch a rainbow, but you can certainly eat one! This light and lively salad is loaded with fresh veggies that cover the spectrum! Tossed with some rice ramen noodles and a simple Asian-inspired dressing, it makes a satisfying, healthy lunch or dinner when served cold on a hot summer day. Try it as is or substitute/add your favorite vegetables for any listed, ie. edamame, kale, broccolini, bok choy, etc.
GF Rainbow Veggie Noodle Salad serves 4
Ingredients for Dressing
- 2 Tbs Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Coconut Aminos or GF Soy Sauce
- 1-2 Tbs Yuzu Extract or fresh Lime Juice (tartness to your taste)
- 2 Tbs Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Oil
- 2 tsp Garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 Tbs Agave, Honey or Cane Sugar
- 1-2 Tbs Hot Chile Paste, optional (add to your heat preference)
- To Taste Salt
Ingredients for Salad
- 1 pkg GF Rice Ramen (we love Lotus Foods brand)
- 6 oz Wakame Seaweed Salad, prepared (optional)
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup Carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup Yellow Bell Pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup Daikon Radish, julienned
- 1 1/2 cups Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1/4 cup Celery, julienned
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, white & green parts, julienned
- 1/2 cup Cucumber, julienned
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup Red Cabbage, julienned
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup Mint, chopped
- 1 small Red Fresno Chile, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup Peanuts or Cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 each Lime, cut into wedges
- For the dressing: combine all 9 ingredients except the salt in a lidded jar and shake vigorously until well blended.
- Taste dressing to adjust seasoning; add salt if needed. Set dressing aside at room temperature while preparing the salad.
- Cook the rice ramen noodles according to package directions. Cool the noodles by running under cold water. Drain well.
- Chop the seaweed salad into rough pieces and add to the noodles with about 2-3 T of dressing to season the noodles. Toss to mix well.
- Divide the noodles equally into 4 shallow salad bowls, then arrange the next 10 ingredients (all the vegetables) equally around the noodles.
- Sprinkle each salad with the cilantro, mint, chile peppers and nuts. Add a lime wedge to the rim of each bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over the salads and mix gently to distribute. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 20-30 minutes if desired, or eat once assembled.
- Sprinkle the salad with a squeeze of lime and enjoy.