Start someone’s day off with a breakfast made from the heart! Eggs in a Basket is a classic eggs and toast combo that takes just a few minutes to prepare but presents like you put way more time and effort in. Make it extra special by dressing up the plate with some fresh fruit, a hot cup of coffee or tea and if you’re so inclined, add a Mimosa or try a Sparkling Aperol Cocktail.
Eggs in a Basket for one
- 1-2 slices Éban’s Multigrain Sandwich Bread, thawed and center cut out like a heart, if you desire, or in a circle to hold an egg
- 1-2 T Butter
- 1-2 Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Fruit of your choice
- Butter both sides of the bread, including the cut-out piece.
- Place bread in a hot nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook until golden brown on the first side (about 3-4 minutes).
- Flip the bread so the browned side is now up and carefully crack one egg into cut-out center. Cook to desired doneness (about 3-4 minutes for over-medium egg), seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the egg is nearly done and the underside of the bread is golden brown, give it one final flip to set the egg white and finish the yolk (about one minute more).
- Lift the Egg in a Basket out of the skillet to a warm dinner plate along with the cut-out piece of toast, garnish with fresh fruit and serve immediately.