This is such a quick and easy, yet deliciously elegant cocktail that we always keep a bottle of Aperol on hand along with a bottle or two of bubbly in the wine rack. Aperol is an Italian bitters aperitif that’s been enjoyed in myriad ways since the early 1900s and seems to be having a resurgence in popularity as of late. It’s similar to Campari, with a lower alcohol content, made from a secret concoction of herbs, roots, flowers, citrus and rhubarb- a perfect refresher when paired with Champagne, sparkling wine or Prosecco when you’re having an urge and/or some quality time with your Besties.
Sparkling Aperol Cocktail makes one
- 1 oz Aperol
- 5-6 oz Prosecco, Champagne or other sparkling wine of choice (Club Soda can also be substituted for the wine)
- 2-3 Raspberries (preferably frozen to chill the cocktail)
- Pour the Aperol into a champagne flute
- Slowly add the bubbly, stir gently
- Pop in the frozen raspberries and enjoy