Okay folks, here is a really ridiculous and decadent cake that I sometimes make when I have chocolate junkies or gluten-free friends in town begging me to make them something chocolate for dessert. It is kind of like eating soft, gooey fudge. I use a large springform pan but you can make it in cake pans as long as you line the bottoms with parchment paper and grease your pans lightly with butter. It is so rich and delicious you only need a little slice of it with some vanilla ice cream, a little raspberry coulis, and some homemade whipped cream. It's almost as good as... well let's just say it's really good. It is very easy to make and won't last long once you make it. This is a good one! Enjoy!
Makes 20 servings
- 1 cup Chambord liquor
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 36 oz bittersweet or milk chocolate
- 2 cups unsalted butter softened
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Butter a 12x3-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Wrap springform pan in heavy-duty foil to prevent water from getting inside of the pan.
- In a small saucepan add Chambord, sugar, and salt and heat until sugar is dissolved and syrup is hot, set syrup aside.
- In the top half of a double boiler, melt chocolate until smooth.
- Pour into the bowl of your mixer and beat the softened butter into chocolate one piece at a time until all butter is incorporated and smooth.
- Beat in hot sugar syrup.
- Slowly beat in eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place springform pan into a roasting pan and pour enough water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake the cake until it is slightly firm and set, but the center still looks a little wet.
- Remove cake from roasting pan and chill cake in springform pan overnight. To loosen cake from pan, dip pan in hot water for about 15 seconds and remove from pan.
Serving Size: 1 piece (142g) Servings Per Recipe: 20
Calories: 570 Calories from Fat: 380
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 42g||65%|
|Saturated Fat 25g||125%|
|Trans Fat 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Contains: Milk, Egg