When you’re crunched for time but still crave a hot handheld to start your day, this Sausage, Egg & Cheese Sandwich will make your insides yell “Get in my belly!” It takes just a few minutes to cook the sausage and eggs while your bun is toasting and bam! You’re out the door with a home-cooked breakfast that tucks neatly into a paper sandwich bag to take along. You’re welcome!
Sausage, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 pc Breakfast Sausage Patty
- 1 ea Egg
- 2 T Butter
- 1 Éban’s Bakehouse Artisan Bun, thawed
- 1 slice American Cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a small non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage patty until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel and return to the heat with one tablespoon of the butter.
- Crack the egg into the skillet and fry to your desired doneness or scramble the egg and cook it omelette style into a disk to fit on the bun. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the egg is cooking, toast the bun and brush with remaining tablespoon of butter when golden brown.
- Immediately place the cooked egg onto the toasted bun and top with a slice of cheese and the warm sausage patty.
- Enjoy while warm.