This is a great breakfast or brunch dish to make ahead of time that's easy to prepare. Just pop it in the oven in the morning and serve with a simple mixed green salad tossed with EVOO, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a grind of salt and pepper.
Makes 12 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 loaf of Oat bread, dried and cubed
- 12 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 lb ham, thinly sliced
- 1 lb fresh spinach, wilted, squeezed dry and chopped
- 12 oz shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, spices, and heavy cream together until mixed. Stir in ham, cheese, and spinach and mix to incorporate.
- Add cubed bread, mixing lightly and pour into greased casserole dish, spreading out evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Leave the plastic wrap on and cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and plastic wrap and bake until set and browned.
Serving Size: 1 pieces (3175g) Servings Per Recipe: 12
Calories: 370 Calories from Fat: 220
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Contains: Eggs, Milk