„Zum Wohl!“ It means “To Your Health” in German and is often heard amidst the clanking of beer steins, wine glasses and cocktail coupes as a toast amongst friends. While we cannot make any claims as to the health benefits of the Hot Toddy, typically served in a beloved ceramic or hand-pottered mug, we love its soothing and warming effect when we are feeling a bit under the weather, like a hug in a mug.
The Classic Hot Toddy makes one serving
- 12 oz boiling Water
- ½ Lemon
- 1 Tbls Honey
- 1 ½ -2 oz Bourbon
- 1 slice Lemon (for garnish)
- 1 stick Cinnamon (for additional flavor and garnish)
- Pour the boiling water into a large mug.
- Squeeze the half lemon into the mug, keeping any pits from falling into the mug.
- Add honey and bourbon and stir until honey is dissolved. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Garnish with lemon slice and cinnamon stick.