These delicious biscuits will dazzle and amaze! They are so flavorful and tender and are a breeze to prepare. Just have the sweet potatoes baked and mashed ahead of time.
Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe makes about a dozen
- 1 ½ cups baked, mashed Sweet Potatoes (about 2 large potatoes)
- 1 cup Buttermilk (full fat, preferably) + 2 T for glazing
- 6 oz Salted Butter, melted
- 3 ¼ cup Adrienne’s AP Gluten-free Flour Blend, plus more for dusting (find the recipe on our website)
- 1T + 2t Baking Powder
- ½ t Baking Soda
- 1 t Kosher Salt
- 2 T Cane Sugar
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the first three ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining dry ingredients, then add to the sweet potato mixture. Stir to incorporate until the dough comes together- do not overmix. If you prefer a delicate, super tender biscuit, you can make drop biscuits using a large soup spoon to drop equally portioned dollops of dough spaced evenly onto a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet; or if you prefer a firmer biscuit that you can fill with your favorite sandwich fixin’s, turn the dough out onto a countertop dusted with enough GF Flour Blend to prevent the dough from sticking and knead the dough 10-12 times. Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes. Using more GF flour blend to prevent sticking, roll the dough out to about ½ inch thickness and with a biscuit cutter cut into 12 biscuits .
- Place biscuits side by side onto a parchment lined baking sheet and brush the tops with the remaining 2 T of buttermilk.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and remove from the oven.
- Brush with some melted butter if desired and allow to cool slightly (about 5 minutes, if you can wait that long) before serving.