This decadent chess pie is silky and luscious and oh-so-chocolatey! We think you are going to love it as much as we do!
Éban’s Chocolate Chess Pie makes one 9” pie
- 1 ½ cups Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 2 lg Eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 oz Evaporated Milk
- 2 t Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
- 4 ½ T Butter, melted
- 1-9” unbaked gluten-free pie crust- try our Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust (recipe follows) or you may use an unbaked, premade gluten-free flour crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sugar and cocoa until blended.
- Add eggs, evaporated milk, vanilla, salt and butter.
- Mix well and pour into prepared crust.
- Bake 45 minutes. There will still be a jiggle in the center of the pie when you gently shake it, but it will set once completely cooled.
The pie can be made the day before you serve it. Just keep it chilled in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it with big dollops of whipped cream.
Eban’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust makes one 9” crust
- 2 cups Éban’s Chocolate Chip Cookies (about 5 cookies)
- 3 ½ T Butter, melted
- Crush the cookies in a food processor until finely ground (or smash them in a plastic baggie covered with a towel using a rolling pin).
- Pour in the melted butter and pulse until mixed well.
- Press crumbs into a 9” pie plate evenly distributing the crumbs up the sides and bottom of the plate.
- Set aside in the fridge or freezer while preparing the pie filling.
-if you are using this crust for a no-bake pie, freeze the crust 30 minutes before adding the filling.