I did a little riff on the classic grilled cheese and made this scrumptious umami-packed tomato butter toast using our Multigrain Sandwich Bread (MGSB) topped with whatever cheese I had in the fridge and just popped it in the toaster oven til crisp and melty. I paired the cheese toast with my favorite heat & serve roasted red pepper and tomato soup with a drizzle of pesto swirled in and savored every bite- hope you do too!
Tomato Cheese Toast makes 2 toasts
- 5 Tbsp Salted Butter, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, shredded
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2-4 slices Cheese, your choice (Provolone, CoJack, Cheddar, Havarti, etc)
- 2 slices Éban's MGSB (or any flavor of Éban's bread)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, mix the butter, tomato paste, Parmigiano and salt & pepper until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spread a generous portion of the tomato butter on each slice of bread then top with the cheese of your choice and set on a small baking tray.
- Bake the cheese toast for 12-14 minutes until the bread is toasted, the cheese is melted and the tomato butter is lightly browned.