Fresh summer apricots and orange zest combine to make this simple yet delicious jam. It goes great on a slice of Eban's Gluten Free Bread!
Apricot Orange Jam (makes about 9 half pints)
- 5 c fresh apricot purée
- ¼ c fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 2 oranges (julienned for chewy bite or minced for smaller texture)
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 box pectin
- 7 c pure cane sugar
- Combine the first five ingredients into a heavy bottomed saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Return to a boil and boil exactly one minute.
- Remove from heat and fill sterilized jars with the jam to ¼” headspace.
- Secure jars tightly with sterilized lids and rings and gently lower into a hot water bath, completely submerging all the jars under water.
- Bring the water bath to a boil and process the filled jars for 10 minutes at a rolling boil.
- Carefully remove jars from the water bath and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack, listening for the “pop” of the lids indicating a proper seal.
- Label and store in a cool dry place (will keep for several years if properly stored)
- Refrigerate once opened