This turkey sandwich recipe tastes like a Thanksgiving dinner teaser in a cool salad formula that snuggles nicely onto our Multigrain Sandwich Bread. Perfect for a late summer picnic! For this recipe, using a whole roasted turkey breast is imperative! Don’t use sliced deli turkey. If you’re not going to roast a breast yourself, ALDI carries a flavorful, herb-marinated roasted whole turkey breast that works beautifully here. Also, we use an artisan-crafted herbal salt blend from Foraged and Sown, a local, first-generation, woman-owned urban farm here in Columbus,Ohio. It’s called “Soil, Sun and Sea” and is my favorite flavoring agent in my spice cupboard. It’s perfectly balanced with organic sea salt, garlic, white pepper, savory, thyme, marjoram and calendula flower to create depth of flavor in everything we use it on. We believe it makes this salad spectacular.
Adrienne’s Turkey Salad (makes about 3 ½ cups)
- 12 oz roasted whole turkey breast, shredded or diced (about 3 cups)
- 2 T red onion, finely chopped
- ½ c celery, finely chopped
- ½ c dried cranberries
- ½ c pecans, lightly toasted and chopped
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 1T)
- ½ t fresh sage, minced (or ¼ t dried sage)
- 3 T Duke’s mayonnaise
- ½ t Soil, Sun and Sea Herbal Salt blend by foragedandsown.com (or other seasoned salt)
- ½ t black pepper
Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until well incorporated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Best when allowed to mingle in the fridge for at least two hours to allow all the flavors to develop.