This simple, healthy meal on a piece of bread has quickly become a classic in today’s busy world. When breakfast is so often skipped or juggled with bookbags, reports, and catching commutes in a morning rush, take just a couple of
minutes and make yourself some toast!
Makes 1 serving
- 1 slice of Seeded bread, toasted
- 1 small avocado, smashed with a fork
- 1 small Roma tomato, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Set your toast on a food-safe surface and top with the smashed avocado, then lay the sliced tomatoes over the avocado.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and enjoy!
This toast is so satisfying just as is, yet there’s something compelling about how avocado complements so many flavors! So here’s my Spiced Up version of this new classic:
- Add red pepper flakes sprinkled over the avocado and sliced tomato, along with freshly sliced jalapeño or serrano chiles, spicy sprouts, and a paper-thin slice of organic sweet and tangy Meyer lemon (rind and all!), complete it with a generous grind of black pepper, and dash of Maldon sea salt.
Serving Size: 1 Slice (227g) Servings Per Recipe: 1
Calories: 320 Calories from Fat: 210
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 11g||44%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.