Did you reheat more rolls than you needed? Don’t throw them out! Instead, transform them into the best snacking cracker, aka crostini, in a magical minute! These crisps are a breeze to prepare and turn any nosh into a gourmet bite! You’ll just need a baking sheet, a sharp knife and only a handful of ingredients to create these crunch-worthy, gluten-free crostini. Try them with some warm roasted garlic, spreadable, herby cheese (Boursin is tops for us!) and some toasted nuts. Or maybe a dollop of your favorite dip (hot artichoke or Reuben dip springs to mind), pub cheese or maybe some smoked fish dip. You get the idea! Happy Noshing!
Éban’s Dinner Roll Crostini makes about 15-18 pieces
- 3 Éban’s Dinner Rolls, thawed
- Olive Oil Spray
- Sea Salt or other flavored salt blends
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Dried Herbs/Blends of your choosing (Italian seasoning, Herbes de Provence, Greek Seasoning, Dill, Spicy Pepper, Everything Bagel, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or lightly grease the baking sheet).
- Slice the dinner rolls, laying them on their sides, into ¼” rounds (you should get about 5-6 slices per roll).
- Spray both sides of the rounds with olive oil and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Season generously with salt, pepper and your choice of herbs.
Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Check periodically for doneness.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container (preferably a glass jar). Will keep several weeks.