There is something about the humble PB & J that satisfies the kid in all of us! Being a mid-centurion kid myself, when I get the urge for one, nothing else will do. I prefer mine served up on our Oat bread alongside a cold glass of milk.
Makes 1 sandwich
- 2 slices of any of our breads (The Oat bread is kid-approved according to many of our customers.)
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (We love Krema Nut Company’s Peanut Butter so much and we use it in our Peanut Butter cookies!)
- 2 tablespoons jam or jelly of your choosing (Feeling adventurous? Try our recipe for Apricot Ginger Jam with cashew butter for a sophisticated take on the classic PB & J.)
- Place the bread on a food-safe surface and spread one slice with the nut butter and the other with the jam.
- Carefully place the two slices together to make the sandwich complete.
- Eat immediately or wrap in sandwich paper or an airtight container and keep cool to enjoy later.
There are so many great combinations of flavors that pair so well with nut butters and fruit spreads that we could never list them all! Here are just a few suggestions to get the juices flowing:
- Spicy Thai: Mix peanut butter with Thai chili powder, Sambal Oelek chili paste or Sriracha sauce to your desired heat level (start with ½ teaspoon), our Apricot Ginger Jam and a handful of fresh, crisp, mung bean sprouts.
- The Hippie: Use sunflower butter on Seeded bread with elderberry jam (or blueberry or any berry jam) and a sprinkle of toasted hemp seeds.
- The Cowboy: Toast your bread, add 3-4 pieces of cooked bacon on top of your peanut butter and try a bourbon-laced jam. Our recipe for Bourbon Black Pepper Rosemary Peach will bring the cows home, it's so good!
Serving Size: 1 sandwich (168g) Servings Per Recipe: 1
Calories: 530 Calories from Fat: 240
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 27g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 68g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Contains: Egg, Peanuts