Whether you call it Stuffing or Dressing, this side dish is a favorite in many homes and is never missing at our Thanksgiving dinner, ever! Gluten-free never tasted
more satisfying than a spoonful of dressing with gravy.
Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 loaf of Oat or Seeded bread, cubed and dried
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable stock, hot
- 2 ea eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a small casserole pan (9x9 or 8x10) with pan spray.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over med-high heat and sauté the onion, celery and garlic until soft, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dried bread cubes, hot stock, eggs, poultry seasoning, and sautéed vegetables. Add more stock or hot water if it appears too dry.
- Stir until well blended and add the 1 tsp of baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pan, cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and fluff with a fork and return to the oven, uncovered, for an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Serving Size: 1 piece (159g) Servings Per Recipe: 8
Calories: 220 Calories from Fat: 70
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.