Don't have a large group to cook for, but would still like the elements of a traditional Thanksgiving meal? You can easily whip this up by making a batch of our dressing, then layer slices of pre-roasted whole turkey breast (I got mine at Costco and it's juicy and delicious), a container of all natural, ready-made whipped potatoes, and even ready-made gluten-free gravy (although you might want to "doctor-up" the seasoning on the gravy!). Serve it piping hot with a side of cranberry sauce and a warm, buttered dinner roll!
Turkey Dinner Pie serves 4-6
- 1/2 recipe Eban's Traditional Dressing, cooked and cooled
- 1 stick Butter, melted
- 1 1/2- 2 lbs cooked, sliced Turkey
- 1 1/2- 2 cups GF Gravy
- 1 regular sized container ready-made Mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1. In a 9-10" pie pan, mix the cooled dressing with the melted butter until combined, then press it firmly into the pan, evenly distributing the dressing to form a crust up the sides and on the bottom of the pan about an inch thick.
2. Lay the slices of turkey on top of the dressing then pour the gravy over the turkey.
3. Using a spatula, gently spread the mashed potatoes to completely cover the turkey and gravy, sealing it in along the edge of the dressing crust.
4. Sprinkle to potatoes with the grated Parmesan and set on a baking sheet in the center of the oven. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and the pie is bubbling along the crust and hot throughout.