The addition of bright and fiery Calabrian Chili Peppers to this cool and creamy, summery salad kicks it up a notch and makes your taste buds do a happy dance! These tiny peppers provide the perfect amount of heat to just make you notice. You can add more chiles if you like it really spicy, or if you can’t take the heat, leave them out (but that would be sad, lol).
Kickin' Cucumber Salad (makes 4 servings)
- 1ea Seedless Cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ ea Sweet Yellow Bell Pepper, thinly sliced (red or orange bell pepper are fine to use if you have those on hand)
- ½ sm Red Onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ c fresh Dill, chopped
- Zest and juice of ½ Lemon
- 1 ea Calabrian Chili Pepper, seeded and finely minced
- ¼ c Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- ¼ c Light Sour Cream (or Crème Fraîche if you prefer)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and let them mingle in the fridge a few hours before serving. Be sure to adjust the seasoning to ensure you have added enough salt.