Does the summer heat have you dreading even stepping into the kitchen to cook dinner? Same here! But before you call in another takeout order through Uber Eats, give this no-cook Seafood Salad a try! Serve it up with some crisp and melty Cheese Toast made on Éban's Multigrain Sandwich Bread and dinner's as easy as a tropical island trade wind!
Simply Surimi by TransOcean is a wonderful seafood option (used abundantly as imitation crab) for this creamy seafood salad. We especially like Simply Surimi Flake Style for its ease of preparation and natural ingredients. It's made from Alaska Pollock, is Non GMO, meets the Marine Stewardship Council standards for well-managed and sustainable fisheries AND Trans-Ocean is a supporter of the Celiac Disease Foundation and their products are produced in a dedicated 100% gluten-free facility!
Feel free to add any other cooked seafood or fish into your version of this salad if it sounds good- shrimp is a sure winner as are bay scallops, but it's perfectly delicious just with the surimi for a quick dinner that tastes like you spent hours preparing it.
Seafood Salad makes 2 servings
- 1-12 0z pkg Simply Surimi Seafood, Flake Style
- 2 ea Green Onions, finely diced, both white and green parts
- 1/4 cup finely diced Celery
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp freshly grated Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp dried Dill
- 1 small Avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 cups, shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- With clean or gloved hands, gently pull the surimi into bite-sized bits into a large mixing bowl.
- Add diced green onion and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon zest, juice and dill and whisk until combined
- Pour the dressing over the surimi and vegetables, season to taste with salt and pepper and gently stir to coat the salad completely in the dressing.
- Chill at least 30 minutes, covered, before serving.
- Spoon seafood salad over shredded lettuce and garnish with avocado, equally divided among two plates.
- Serve with Éban's melty Cheese Toast!