When the air is sticky hot and finding a spot of shade is the main mission, front porch sittin' just got even more inviting with a tall, ice-cold glass of this wild berry and blood orange herbal iced tea. If blood oranges are not available, any juicy orange will do. It's the perfect beverage to serve with a light lunch like our GF Rainbow Veggie & Noodle Salad or maybe the Shrimp & Avocado Stack, or any of the many recipes on our website. Refreshing as a cool dip in the pool, this thirst extinguisher may become a summertime staple!
Orange Berry Herbal Iced Tea makes 32 oz
- 4 cups Water, boiling
- 6 each Berry flavored Tea Bags
- 3 small Blood Oranges, 2- juiced (1/3-1/2 cup), 1- sliced for garnish
- 2-3 Tbsp Blackberry Preserves, or your favorite berry jam or even orange marmalade
- In a heatproof pitcher, steep the tea bags in the boiling water for 15-20 minutes to infuse to a deep burgundy color.
- Add the orange juice and the preserves to the pitcher. Stir well until the preserves are dissolved into the tea.
- Chill in the refrigerator several hours to develop the flavors.
- Serve over ice with an orange wheel for garnish.